Now that fall has arrived, it’s time to shift our sights towards winter and the year ahead.
Pantone has released their usual forecasts for fall/winter in 2016-2017 — and we found a couple of them very interesting for furniture lovers!
We’ve written a short summary to keep you updated with the latest trends:
- Richer hues of royal blue and gray-blue dominate the top colors for Fall 2016!
- There is a resurgence of black and white imagery.
- Metallics continue to remain a top choice.
- Green is becoming popular, especially shades like olive and lime green, as both the color of nature & of health and wellness. Many hues that bring to mind greenery or floral environments are being incorporated to emphasize this effect.
- People are seeking to combine beautiful and brighter colours, such as those used in recent films like Disney’s “Inside Out” or “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. Popular films often guide the world’s colour trends — but they won’t appeal to everyone!
- The rising use of maps in design. Travel bug anyone?
Read the press release from Pantone to learn more or check out their list of Top 10 Colours for Fall 2016.
Leave a comment below to let us know what you think of these trends! Do they appeal to you?